For those of you who have been following me already, you probably know that I started this blog as part of a compulsion to complete two reading challenges I set for myself: to read a book written by an author from every country in the world, and to read a list of important or famous historical works.
After blogging for a while I noticed there were quite a few people doing other challenges, mostly time based ones (mine has no time limit as I estimate it will take several years). I was a bit sad that I started half way through the year so it was too late to join in, so today I have gone and found all the ones I can to sign up to for next year! I probably won’t be able to do all of them, but thought we may as well try, and that you might like them too.
- Choose your own number of fantasy books to read in 2017
- I aim to read: 10
- Choose a level to aim for a certain number of contemporary romance books
- I aim to reach: 1st Base: 1-5 books
- Read at least one book per month that you have been meaning to read
- Read as many books as you can with diverse characters (different sexualities, religions, ethnicity, disability etc)
- read 12 or more young adult books that are an author’s debut novel
- A small scavenger hunt for books- read books that have certain things in their titles
- What it sounds like!
- combine your love of TV and books- pair up books and shows that have things in common (themes, character names, settings)
- tentative reading list: Pillars of the Earth, Fish of the Seto Inland Sea, the Book theif, the rosie project, outlander
- tentative watching list: black adder, toast of london, the get down, north & south, the crown
- a challenge of doing lots of different reading challenges
- I am not quite sure yet- but looks like I will be doing 6-10 challenges?
- read/watch anything related to Austen- either her works or spin offs
- Aim: Austen aficionado: read or watch 6 items
- read a book, from or about as many different European countries as you can
- a book where the title contains, or the cover is, each colour
There is an even more extensive list here, that I recommend if you want to find more.